What you will learn from this book?
• Explore 10 SEO mistakes you must avoid to achieve top ranking and increase traffic on your site
• Get to grips with all the Drupal modules that are essential for SEO and may help your site rank well
• Create page titles and paths that search engines (and users) will love
• Learn about the 3 critical SEO problems that plague most Drupal sites and how to fix them
• Optimize video, images, and other media in your Drupal site so that search engine spiders can read their content
• Write content that users and the search engines will love and fix problems with duplicate content, robots.txt files, and .htaccess
• Set up systems in Drupal to automatically tag and organize your content
• Maximize the value of RSS, site speed, and Page rank in your Drupal site
• Implement usability testing, A/B testing, and conversions best practices to turn visits into revenue for your business
• Keep your site on a path of constant and never-ending improvement
• Paperback: 240 pages
• Publisher: Packt Publishing (September, 2009)
• Language: English
• ISBN-10: 1847198228
• ISBN-13: 978-1847198228
• File Size: 7.8 MB
• Hits: 2,861 times
A well-designed, easy-to-navigate website is useless if no one can find it. If your company is going to succeed in the web economy, optimizing your site for search engine visibility is essential. In this book, four of the most noted experts in the field of search engine optimization (SEO) provide you with proven guidelines and cutting-edge techniques for planning and executing a comprehensive SEO strategy.The authors clearly explain SEO fundamentals, while correcting many common misconceptions. If you are new to SEO, you’ll get a complete and thorough SEO education, as well as an array of effective tactics, from basic to advance. Seasoned practitioners will find this book useful as a complete reference to SEO best practices.
Explore the underlying theory behind SEO and how search engines work
Learn the steps you need to prepare for, execute, and evaluate SEO initiatives
Examine a number of advanced strategies and tactics
Understand the intricacies involved in managing complex SEO projects
Learn what’s necessary to build a competent SEO team with defined roles
Glimpse the future of search and what lies ahead for the SEO industry
Paperback: 602 pages
Publisher: O’Reilly Media, Inc. (October 28, 2009)
Advice and techniques that you need to get the job done.
Looking for ways to streamline your work so you can focus on maximizing your time? In Depth provides specific, tested, and proven solutions to the problems you run into every day–things other books ignore or oversimplify. This is the one book that you can rely on to answer the questions you have now and will have in the future.
In Depth offers
* Comprehensive coverage with detailed solutions
* Breakthrough techniques and shortcuts that are unavailable elsewhere
* Practical, real-world examples with nothing glossed over or left out
* Troubleshooting help for tough problems you can’t fix on your own
* Outstanding authors recognized worldwide for their expertise and teaching style
* Quick information via sidebars, tips, reminders, notes, and warnings
In Depth is the only tool you need to get more done in less time!
Includes coverage on blog creation, widgets, plug-ins, themes, SEO, the WordPress.com platform, and WordPress.org software
v Paperback: 432 pages
v Publisher: Que; 1 Original edition (February 21, 2010)